If you are experiencing a lag while playing your favorite game then installing the Linksys router is a great solution. You can get the Linksys wifi setup to any wired or wireless device through the Linksys setup wizard. There is no need for any software or setup CD to install the web based interface. In this article, you will be gaining knowledge on how to configure Linksys device using Linksys smart wifi wizard.
Setting up the Linksys router is one of the important steps for establishing the wireless network. This home network allows you to connect all your wireless devices to the Wi-Fi from anywhere. Linksys smart wifi router has a range of settings. These settings needs to be properly configured to ensure strong internet connectivity. To start the Linksys router setup, you have to create a Linksys cloud account to login to the Linksys configuration page.
Steps for the Linksys Smart Wifi Setup
Let us discuss the Linksys wifi setup process. Here are the installation steps for the Linksys router:
- Attach the antennas to the Linksys router and plug the device into a power outlet.
- Connect the Ethernet cable that you get from your ISP to connect the Linksys device and the existing modem.
- Power on the switch and the power LED will light up.
- Use any wireless device on which you want to access the Linksys smart wifi wizard.
- For this, you need to connect the wireless device such as computer, laptop, or Smartphone to the network either through a wired or a wireless connection.
- In the wired connect, use the Ethernet cable to connect the Linksys router to the computer.
- Your router package contains a quick start guide in which you can get the wireless details. These details are unique for each router model and you can change these wireless details once you perform the smart Linksys setup. In case of wireless connection, use these wireless details to connect to the network.
How to access the Linksys router setup page?
- Open a web browser on your wireless device on which you will perform the setup process.
- Type the https://linksyssmartwifi.com the default web address in the address bar of the browser. Press Enter to browse the Linksys router login page.
- Fill up the login credentials on the admin page and click the Login button.
- It will redirect you to the Linksys router setup page.
Steps to access the Linksys smart wifi wizard
Once you access the https://linksyssmartwifi.com, it allow to access the basic home page of the Linksys device. Follow the above steps to login to the Linksys router. Smart Linksys setup can also be accessed by using the 192.168.1.1 default IP address. On the web based management page, you will see the ‘Quick Setup’ option. Click on this option and it provides you managed instructions to complete the Linksys router setup process.
How to change the Linksys router admin password ?
Here are the steps to change the admin password of the Linksys smart wifi router:
- Log in with the username and password to the router’s interface.
- On the Linksys web management page, click on the ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Under ‘Admin’ settings, select the option ‘Set Password’.
- Enter the new password in the required field.
- Confirm the password and click on the save button.
How to reset the Linksys Router ?
In case, you forgot the password of the Linksys device then you can reset the Linksys router to the factory defaults. Let us discuss the steps of Linksys router reset:
- Look for the reset button on the Linksys device.
- Press the reset button with a paper clip and hold it for 10-20 seconds.
- Release the button when the power, internet LEDs turn back on.
- Once reset, the Linksys device reboots automatically.
- Now, open the Linksys login window and get into the Linksys smart wifi setup page.
- Reconfigure the Linksys settings and set up the router.
This was all about how to set up the Linksys wifi router. In case, you have any issues then contact our technical experts. Dial a toll-free no. to contact us or do a live chat through an live chat window.